With clients in Las Vegas, NV and Columbus, Ohio, Robert is a seasoned senior level executive with over 28 years of business experience. He has held the positions of Production Manager, Controller, Treasurer, and CFO for companies in varied industries and size. Industry experience includes Manufacturing, Construction, Distribution, and various Service Sector businesses. His career has occurred in organizations that range from small, private entrepreneurial companies to $500 million dollar divisions of multi-billion dollar, publicly traded companies. These positions have also presented the opportunity to gain experience managing IT, HR, and Purchasing departments.
Early in his career, Robert sensed the need for a partnership between operations, accounting, and MIS. Throughout his career, he has used this as a focal point to contribute to an organizations improvement. His ability to interact with operations personnel as easily as he does Senior Management, Bankers, and Board of Directors has contributed to his success. This helps him to identify how the operation teams look at their business, and develop KPIs and other metrics to help them manage and improve their performance.
Robert has had the opportunity to gain hands on experience in Project Management during his career. Across all industries, he has successfully lead software conversions. These include implementations of all sizes and numerous software systems, from small accounting packages to organizational wide ERP systems.
In addition, Robert has led the implementation of:
- Internal controls to safe guard company assets
- Sarbanes Oxley procedures for accounting and IT
- Best Practice processes for accounting and operations
- Inventory control and cycle counting systems
- Risk Management procedures
- 12 month rolling cash flow forecasts for both management and banking personnel
- Product line margin improvements
Robert has also been fortunate to have collaborated on management teams that have spearheaded:
- Due Diligence for acquisitions
- Mergers and integration of post acquisition companies
- Startup of new business units and divisions
- Division turnarounds
- Building systems and teams during periods of rapid growth
- Navigating through extreme downsizing efforts during periods of retraction
Robert holds a BA in Business Administration from Cleveland State University, and has held a Certified Public Accounting license in the State of Ohio since 1987. He belongs to the Ohio Society of CPAs and The Construction Financial Management Association. Robert and his wife Sandra split their time between Columbus, Ohio and Las Vegas, NV. Robert services clients in both geographic areas.