With over 30 years of experience, Gary is a home run hitting strategic CFO with a "hands-on" operations expertise that believes in addressing the holistic needs of a business owner. Check out more about his Complimentary Discovery Analysis™ by looking to your left on your computer or tap the hamburger icon if on your phone. Gary will address the things that owners: a) can't do, b) don't want to do, or c) should be doing. He will speak to an owner's key pain points and give them a fresh perspective! He has been most successful helping privately owned businesses with revenues exceeding $1M per year... SEE MORE
Gary is a creative thinker who enjoys designing scalable/durable systems that facilitate rapid growth and staff commitment, Gary is extremely versatile and will provide successful leadership for you in any role. He not only excels in Financial Management but also provides executive leadership in Facilities, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, Operations, and Planning.
Gary's leadership skills include a proficiency in business case, financial, and competitive analysis. He has also led strategic planning and creative thinking processes to influence others and drive key initiatives to achieve results. He continues to push his versatility (e.g., programming boot camp) to stay agile in our technology-dominated world. He is an excellent project manager of technology-related upgrades and implementation of applications.
Areas of expertise include:
- Revenue Enhancement: Have consistently used a balanced scorecard approach to develop equalized goals in all areas of a business, and this ultimately affects the bottom line. Have achieved a $4M net profit margin at one company, and at a smaller company increased their net profit margin in one year by 5X to $400,000.
- Savings: Have streamlined many different processes and have orchestrated large-scale reorganizations, one resulting in savings of over $500,000 annually.
- Leadership: Achieved 30 years of progressive senior management experience overseeing companies accountable for all aspects of operations including running Board meetings.
- IT: Oversaw the implementation of new computer systems and transitions to the Cloud. Have saved over $100,000 negotiating IT system purchases and have also renegotiated IT service contracts to save over $50,000 annually.
- Project Planning: Routinely analyzed capital spending projects, formulating return on investment (ROI) and payback period. Have project managed moves of businesses to new office buildings; one a high-rise. Have also project managed the development of a complex database application, overseeing several software engineers, completing a complex project in 10 weeks (in half the projected time.)
- Non-technical Skills: Takes ownership as well as possesses a strong work ethic, excellent analytical abilities, and robust problem-solving methods.
Gary is a graduate of Loyola University of Chicago where he obtained an MBA with a concentration in Finance. In 2014, he left the snow and moved to Austin. He has served as the President of several Boards and recently co-founded a non-profit in Austin called SupplytheTeachers.org. He has routinely worked with programs that benefit our children as this is our future!
In his spare time, he appreciates family time, outdoor activities, including playing baseball, volleyball, and hiking. He also is an avid sports fan of baseball, basketball, and football.
Get Started With Gary
Get Your own complimentary* Discovery Analysis™ from B2B CFO®
*Complimentary for qualified business owners