Hilary is a finance professional with over 20 years of experience. She is passionate about using education and communication excellence to improve decision making at all levels. She is a strategic leader with exceptional ability to drive organizational change, maximize revenues, increase profitability, optimize company value, and enjoys partnering with stakeholders across all functionalities to execute strategic, value-added initiatives... SEE MORE
During her career, Hilary has worked with several organizations at the CFO and COO levels serving areas outside of finance and accounting to include supply chain, operations, information technology, compliance, HR, risk management, plant operations and other support functions. She is well versed in strategic planning and implementation, board presentations and process improvements.
Hilary's specific experiences include:
- Attained positive EBITDA within 4 months through process change, leadership development and improved training for finance-related topics. EBITA up $589K YoY from 2017 to 2018.
- Net Revenue increased $300,000 YoY.
- Supply cost down from 13.6% of net revenue to 10.6%.
- Cash collections as a % of net revenue from 85% 2016 to 93% in 2 years.
- Executive Leader/Project Manager for design and construction of a $31M hospital facility renovation, including all aspects of construction, contract negotiation, design review and budget management.
- Managed refinancing of taxable and tax-exempt bonds to a lower interest rate, resulting in lower interest expense over life of bonds.
- Obtained $26M in new bond financing for a building project.
- Lowered accounts receivable by $40MM in 18 months and grew cash collections from 89% to 106% of net revenue YoY.
- Spearheaded implementation of new IT system.
- Reduced FTE per volume from 5.5 to 4.7 and supply cost per volume from $420 to $262 in one year.
- Directed restructure and turnaround of the accounts payable department and lowered past-due accounts from 38% to under 20% in 5 months.
- Shortened month-end close by two days through a LEAN process improvement review.
- Accomplished redesign of bulk-buy process, lowering turnaround time by approximately 15%.
- Served as Project Manager for phase one of a LEAN-led building design (outpatient service center) totaling $27M in construction costs. Coordinated all FF&E and medical equipment procurement and secured financing of $13M.
- Secured $8.1M in financing for an IT system implementation project.
- Increase of 70+ days cash on hand over 4 years through financial management and expense reduction.
- Managed start-up of new provider-based physician clinic, increased investment income by 200%, and preserved cash flow through implementation of new investment policies.
Hilary's strengths and core competencies include:
- Strong working relationships with executives and staff
- Strategy development for growth and profitability
- Vision & mission planning
- Staff Recruitment and Retention
- Servant Leadership
- Cost Analysis
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Contract Management
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Team Building & Performance Improvement
- Turnarounds & Facility Expansions
Hilary is a new resident of Southwest Michigan having moved to be closer to her parents. She enjoys being a community volunteer. She has a bachelors degree from Kansas State University with majors in accounting and finance as well as an MBA from Baker University, both in Kansas, where she grew up.