With over 30 years of financial leadership experience, Joe is an experienced and accomplished accounting / finance / operations executive... SEE MORE
He has held roles including Senior Vice President-Finance, CFO, and Controller in privately held organizations ranging from $5 million to over $100 million in revenues. He has successfully led these organizations through periods of high growth and transformation resulting in increased efficiencies, revenues, and profits. Joe has developed and executed company strategic initiatives, policies, and financial budgets. He has assisted in the building of compliance, legal, human resources, and IT functions. He is also experienced with negotiating out-sourcing contracts and designing compensation plans and systems. Joe's career industry experience includes alternative investment firms, private equity, domestic real estate, foreign resort development, business development companies, banks, broker/dealers, trust companies, hotels, casinos, and family offices.
Joe's achievements include:
- Insuring the successful spin-off of an institutional alternative asset investment division with 75 employees and $10 billion of assets under management; by creating, building from scratch, and leading the new firm's accounting and portfolio administration ("middle office") departments which supported the doubling of employees, offices, and assets under management in 5 years. Gross revenues exceeded $100 million.
- Appointed chief financial officer for a $200MM SEC-registered business development company (BDC). Structured the BDC and the related investment advisor and oversaw all SEC reporting leading up to the initial public offering date. Together with investment bankers, participated in the road show to Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco.
- Integral part of the team negotiating a purchase of a minority interest in a firm by a 3rd party public insurance company investor. Prepared necessary financial analysis in support of a $250 million valuation. Arranged and supervised all execution logistics for a successful close.
Joe's areas of expertise include:
- Assessing Firm Infrastructure in a High Growth Environment
- Building Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Compliance, and IT Teams
- Risk Management
- Company Performance Analytics
- Accounting and Finance Processes
- Financial Reporting to Management, Lenders, Clients, Regulators, and Investors
- Audit Preparation and Oversight
- Negotiating and Closing Lending Facilities
- Attorney, Insurance, Banking. and CPA Relationships
- Compensation Structuring and Performance Evaluation Processes
- Fractional and 100% Corporate Jet Ownership Arrangements
Joe graduated from the University of Southern California with a Master of Business Administration. He has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management from the University of LaVerne. Joe is an active Certified Public Accountant, Personal Financial Specialist designated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and a Certified Financial Planner. Joe and his wife, Carine, live in West Hills, California and have four adult children in various parts of the U.S. Joe and Carine enjoy empty nesting but also appreciate the few times each year when the whole family is together. Joe is interested in anything related to history whether it be while traveling, reading, or watching television. He also enjoys hiking and ice hockey having participated in several adult leagues.
Get Started With Joe
Get Your own complimentary* Discovery Analysis™ from B2B CFO®
*Complimentary for qualified business owners