Kevin Scott, JD
Kevin has always been an all-star bringing people together to tackle difficult problems, explain complex information, influence outcomes, and implement profitable solutions... SEE MORE
For more than 25 years, has developed, grown, and managed planning, profitability, and performance strategies across diverse industries. Kevin is driven by his intellectual curiosity, incisive communication, and collaborative relationships.
Often called the “voice of reason,” Kevin is the investigative partner and resourceful problem solver. In crisis, Kevin acts swiftly to deliver resolution that addresses and overcomes root challenges. In calm, design strategies for cost control, operations optimization, and market expansion, adapting across cultures and conditions enable sustained profitability.
Kevin has become the company-wide expert who crafts and presents vital information, including client proposals, analysis for board of directors, reports for regulatory agencies, and briefs for media outlets. His presentations on operations and financial information capture the attention and understanding of diverse audiences, from line-level employees to public officials to executives.
Kevin is a developer of people and organizational culture, leading projects and teams that optimize processes and maximize profits. Blending strong acumen in finance, market trends, and cash flows with a deep understanding of operational processes, he assists entire organizations with problem solving and inquiries.
He is a multifaceted finance professional with deep understanding of people, finance, operations, marketing, and legal issues. By unifying people and evaluating all aspects of a problem, Kevin delivers solutions across the constantly changing landscape of business. Kevin look forward to bringing my cross-functional approaches and the solutions they produce to all of my clients.
Kevin's professional background speaks to breadth and depth of his experience. For over 8 years, Kevin was the Managing Director of a Management consulting firm with a focus on small to mid-sized companies where he provided financial stewardship, corporate strategy and restructuring and turnaround services to small and medium-sized businesses, as well as, outsourced back-office support, including with expertise across accounting, finance, marketing, insurance, legal, and human resources.
- Assisted in the formation of multiple start-ups; provided initial financial projections and financial statements; provide ongoing strategic analysis and consulting.
- Drove client acquisition, recruitment and administration of contractors, and physical and virtual/online management.
- Provide back-office support to Treasurer of 35 charter schools. Attend school board meetings, providing financial reports and summations.
- Managed debt restructuring program for several small business clients.
- Reorganized and managed back-office operations and administration of large Chicago area dental practice that was, prior to our engagement, trending towards bankruptcy, insolvency or repossession.
- Completed and managed various Request for Proposals (RFPs) to the State of Ohio on behalf of clients.
- Provided accounting, finance, payroll, account receivable and payable services to a wide variety of clients across several industries.
- Successfully defended several EEOC claims for clients without need for further litigation.
- Drafted and reviewed contracts for clients on a host of legal issues, including licensing, acquisitions and divestitures, lease contracts, and credit facilities.
- Managed internal financial functions, including accounts payable and receivables, client statements and banking transactions.
Kevin served as the Chief Financial Officer of an asset based third-party logistical company. Matching clients with an international footprint utilizing all modalities including ocean, air, train, and over the road
- Guided the company through exponential growth, 62% compound annual growth rate (CAGR)
- Matched companies risk profile with the appropriate insurance policy and carrier.
- Contributed to overall corporate strategy, growth, development, and performance enhancement.
- Championed the design and development the Transportation Management System (TMs). TMs are synonymous with ERP systems for the transportation industry. Integrated management of main business processes, in real time and mediated by software.
- Supervised all cash management: investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Spearheaded the strategic and financial evaluation of all major business decisions.
Kevin is a graduate of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he obtained a juris doctorate, as well as a graduate of Wittenberg University obtaining his Bachelor of Arts. Kevin completed the certificate program in executive education from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Get Started With Kevin
Get Your own complimentary* Discovery Analysis™ from B2B CFO®
*Complimentary for qualified business owners