Thank you for visiting my home page!
My passion is to help business owners achieve their goals and increase their wealth and I am honored to be part of such a high integrity, values-based firm that shares my sentiment and provides the support I need to serve my clients. I am intimately familiar with doing more with less and the ups and downs of running a mid-sized business and this is a key motivator for me in assisting owners through their journey.
Examples of how help business owners:
- Review and refine strategic business plan and supporting goals and KPIs.
- Gap analysis of current state versus plan, goals and KPIs.
- Development and implementation of execution plan to improve gap.
- Review and refine financial plan to support strategic business plan, goals and KPIs.
- Improve cash flow, balance sheet and P&L performance.
- Resource analysis and management.
- Raising capital if required.
- Exit strategy and execution.
A little more about myself:
I discovered my love of business while in college when I sold advertising for a couple of small-town newspapers. This endeavor was a natural progression from my passion for team sports that I grew up with. After college I worked for one of the big CPA firms for four years where much of my client base was manufacturing as well as retail, healthcare and financial services. This led to a two-year stint in Internal Audit for a medical manufacturing company. From there I moved on to be owner/custodian of the books and worked my way up to become a CFO of global mid-market hi-tech companies.
I am a CPA and earned a BS degree in Accounting and an MBA from Bentley University. Much of my career was spent in the Boston area however I am now based in Charlotte since 2017 with my wife and two young teenagers. We are lovers of learning, teaching, giving, travel, nature and all living things.
Brief on my previous experience:
- Since 2001, head of finance, accounting, and administration and member of the executive team for closely held global hi-tech companies funded by private equity.
- Strong working relationships with private equity, bankers, auditors, customers, vendor partners on both a domestic and international scale.
- Have raised debt and equity capital numerous times, private and public.
- Significant experience in fast paced environments of transition necessitating strong cash and people management skills.
- Restructured companies to make them cash flow positive and to increase value and return on investment for all stakeholders.
- Substantial international commerce and global management experience of remote teams.
- Creation of new companies both domestic and foreign setting up corporate governance, treasury, compliance, systems, processes, internal control and related reporting.
- Perform due diligence to determine when M&A makes sense, how to structure the deal and ensure an appropriate sale price and to develop plans for economic efficiencies.
- Managed several complex mergers and divestitures and systems implementations, consolidations and spinoffs. Assimilated acquired companies into the parent company including integration of personnel, systems, and finances as well as cutting redundancies and outsourcing both domestically and to the Far East to increase profits.
- Successfully managed through two IRS audits.