Peter is a trusted executive and business partner with more than 30 years of relevant experience. He is respected for his business skills, strategic insight, objectivity, honesty, and integrity. Peter strives on helping business owners realize their objectives by providing the benefits and contributions of a CFO without having one on staff... SEE MORE
His experience is in business management and leadership and financial services. Peter has extensive experience developing and executing plans to increase revenue and overall profitability. Business sectors he has served include manufacturing, medical products, telecommunications, hospitality, real estate, and technology, among others. Peter works with owners of businesses with revenues ranging from $3 million to $250 million, to evaluate operational efficiencies, access capital, increase value and assist them through the transition process. He understands the importance of integrating operational and financial processes to improve efficiencies, communication, and profitability. With that experience in mind, he helps business owners and their employees understand the key value drivers and success factors necessary to achieve the overall vision.
Peter's diverse industry experience allows him to quickly analyze all aspects of the business to identify opportunities and develop appropriate solutions. He is adept at strategic business planning, the establishment of operational/financial controls, transaction structuring, human resources, and risk management. Peter has years of expertise in developing financial forecasts that support business plans. He also has experience dealing with companies that have run into financial challenges, identifying and then correcting ineffective business practices.
Peter's area of expertise and skills include the following applications:
- Developing long-range business plans, annual operating budgets, and cash flow forecasts.
- Valuing the financial and operational merits of business acquisitions.
- Negotiating and closing loans and credit lines to improve cash availability and liquidity to growth.
- Implementing comprehensive expense budgeting and sales forecasting systems.
- Developing systems, policies, and procedures to manage inventories and increase inventory turnover.
- Evaluating work flows to identify labor and operational savings without compromising financial results.
- Managing working capital to increase cash flow.
- Implementing and converting accounting software to improve timely operational reporting and efficiency.
- Managing sales tax, insurance, and external financial audits for timely results and reduced expenses.
- Training staff on operating system applications and reporting to increase marketing activity effectiveness while improving operational profitability.
- Managing key vendor relationships such as banks, benefit providers, attorneys, accounting firms, and insurance agents.
- Identifying opportunities to increase operating income and business growth.
Peter holds a B.A. degree in Political Science & Economics from Union College in Schenectady, New York and a MBA from the University of Notre Dame. Peter and his wife, Laura, live in Edina, MN.
Get Started With Peter
Get Your own complimentary* Discovery Analysis™ from B2B CFO®
*Complimentary for qualified business owners