Roger is an entrepreneurial minded certified management accountant and highly experienced business manager who has provided financial leadership to a diversified range of companies over 25 years. He has a track record of building financial teams, processes and systems to support profitable growth. As a leader and manager he is a strong contributor to strategy formulation, implementation, and operational decision making. He has experience managing every function within global organizations and a number of complex projects. He is an articulate communicator and effective negotiator... SEE MORE
Roger understands that a good idea and hard work alone are not enough to guarantee a business succeeds. Success requires a strong business plan which identifies key actions and inputs critical to achieving your goals, a process for ensuring the plan is properly implemented and the outcome is as expected. As a certified management accountant Roger has spent more than 30 years developing his expertise in planning, analysis, forecasting, risk mitigation, decision making, identifying and exploiting growth opportunities, all of which are necessary to deliver success.
Roger's achievements include:
- As CFO of a global technology company delivering products and solutions for network infrastructure, wireless connectivity, industrial controls and displays, he was part of the senior team which grew the business profitably from annual sales of $200m to $1bn over a six year period, consistently hitting financial targets.
- He designed and implemented a flexible accounting and control framework to support the rapid, profitable growth of the above company.
- Supported 16 acquisitions of small to medium sized businesses over a 10 year period, providing valuation information, due diligence and integration into the reporting and control framework.
- Provided strategic direction to an IT function which implemented a global ERP system in record time.
- As VP of Finance of a leading tier one supplier to the automotive industry with annual sales of approximately $500m, he had responsibility for all aspects of global financial management as well as supporting the sale of the business to a new owner, including negotiation of disputed items and hand over. Delivering on profit and cash flow targets was essential to success during the selling process.
- As Finance Director of a construction project management business he was part of a team which successfully costed, priced, negotiated and executed more than $1bn of new contracts. He implemented and improved project/contract accounting processes and systems.
Roger has proven his ability to strengthen the financial management of a wide variety of businesses not only through the application of his own skills and experience but also through transforming the finance team as a whole to focus on leading strategic support and performance improvement as well as fulfilling their reporting and compliance responsibilities. With the support of more than 200 B2B CFOs you can be confident when you hire Roger you will improve the value of your company and take a positive step to achieving your objectives.
Roger is a British national. In addition to being a Certified Global Management Accountant he has a B.A. with honors in Economics from Manchester Metropolitan University in the UK. He moved from the UK to the US in 2001 and has lived in New Jersey for the last 15 years with his wife and two grown up sons. He enjoys sports having played and coached soccer for many years. He likes to keep fit and enjoys a round of golf.
Get Started With Roger
Get Your own complimentary* Discovery Analysis™ from B2B CFO®
*Complimentary for qualified business owners