Bill is a seasoned, accomplished senior financial and general management executive with over 30 years of experience in publicly and privately-owned companies... SEE MORE
He is adept at organizational development, strategic planning and execution, financial and operational management. Bill is skilled in working with business owners to establish and achieve, top and bottom-line goals and objectives.
Bill's proven track record of success includes:
- Transforming organizations to focus on developing and implementing effective business strategies to increase profitability and value, with a focus on execution at all levels of the organization.
- Managing businesses through difficult times to return to profitability and growth.
- Identifying the essential functions of an organization and hiring, or developing from within, the best people to manage all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrated success working in public, private equity, and family-owned business environments.
- Extensive experience with mergers & acquisitions, refinancing, licensing and domestic and international contracts and partnerships.
- Implementation of effective short and long-term cash forecasting and management practices to insure that a company can meet its obligations and fund growth.
- Creating customized reporting tools that owners and managers can understand and that best gauge a company's progress towards its specific financial and business goals.
After earning his undergraduate degree, Bill began his career as a Financial Management Trainee at a Fortune 200 diverse manufacturing company. This two-year rotational program had him working on a manufacturing floor as well as in corporate finance. Going to graduate school at night, He earned a Master of Science in Professional Accounting and successfully completed the requirements to become a Certified Management Accountant (CMA). His climb up the corporate ladder culminated in becoming the CFO of a public specialty manufacturing company.
Putting his entrepreneur's hat on, Bill took a sweat-equity position with a luxury textile design and distribution company. He negotiated the sale of the company to a high-end bedding company and stayed on as a stockholder, director and executive. For the past 15 years, he has been the Executive Vice President and CFO of one of the largest and respected names in the luxury home furnishings industry. Besides his financial management responsibilities, Bill also managed and directed many aspects of the business including operations, finance, IT, and all legal matters including leases, third party representation, distribution partnerships, acquisitions, licensing and intellectual property.
His diverse background and experience makes Bill uniquely qualified to help companies integrate financial management with the rest of the organization and to develop effective business strategies that place a strong emphasis on understanding their people, products, markets, and competitive landscape.