Ken continues to build on his 34 years of wide-ranging financial and business leadership experience. While operating in a variety of large manufacturing and consumer products concerns, he successfully built and led exemplary financial and IT organizations with four different public corporations over the course of his twenty year career prior to joining B2B CFO. During his corporate career, Ken held positions ranging from entry level Financial Analyst, to SVP of Finance, IT and Business Insights and Global Director of Finance and Planning while encompassing both domestic and international responsibilities. Ken has 22 years experience in the CFO role at different companies ranging in size from $1M to $1.7B. He is best known for passionately helping companies to improve profitability and cash flow, dramatically increase business value, and eventually successfully navigate them through a transition and liquidity event at maximum value. His career has spanned numerous cities including Dallas and Pittsburgh with Midwest stints in Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and, currently, Minneapolis... SEE MORE
Ken has worked in the following types of businesses providing his financial expertise at various levels.
- Technology: software as a service*, mainframe software, semiconductor manufacturing, creative web design and development, network security consulting, custom electric motor design and manufacture*
- Housewares: storage and organization products, paint applicators, consumer glass products, custom window coverings
- Health Care: medical device, home health care*, workers comp case management*, complex medical case management*, medical scribe staffing, supplement manufacturing*
- Industrial: glass products, construction and farm equipment components, data center and commercial electrical products, point-of-sale equipment, art productivity tools, energy consumption management*
- Office Products: markers and writing instruments, small desk items, back-to-school supplies
- Luxury: high quality confections, jewelry, high end writing instruments
- Services: printing, B2B media*, commercial sewing, inter-modal transportation, network security consulting, commercial and retail dry cleaning and laundry*, physical security monitoring*
- Wholesale Distribution: packaging supplies and solutions, propane, fuels, and lubricants, landscaping and masonry supplies*
* current B2B CFO client engagements
Ken has experience working and directly negotiating with an array of commerce channels that include:
- Office superstores
- Discount retailers
- Wholesale distributors
- Department stores
- Aftermarket part retailers
- Public education institutions
- Government agencies
- Do-it-yourself retailers
Ken is recognized for his key strengths in the following areas:
- Planning and guiding business owners through a successful exit or transition from a business.
- Aggressively identifying and driving profit improvement opportunities.
- Developing strategic plans and visions supported by executable business and financial plans.
- Uncovering sources of cash flow and implementing methods to make use of the cash.
- Successfully managing third party relationships such as banking, insurance, CPA.
- Managing and improving operations.
- Building top notch organizations and fostering a culture of success.
- Leading with an open and direct, "people first" style.
Ken believes strongly the above tangible benefits to his clients must always far exceed his cost.
Key areas of focus for current B2B CFO clients is business transition for owners, short and long term financial plans, cash flow projections and management, identifying new sources of cash, managing financing and investment relationships, profitability improvement, conversion to accrual accounting from the cash basis, gross margin expansion, staff development, and evaluation of strategic alternatives.
Ken received his BSBA degree from the University of Arizona with majors in both finance and marketing. While working full-time, Ken completed his MBA degree at the University of Dallas with a concentration in corporate finance. During his academic career, he completed 27 hours of accounting coursework.
Ken and his wife Sheralyn have two adult children, an architect and a law student. He's an active Masters swimmer, road biker, runner, and triathlon competitor. In the past, Ken has been the volunteer CFO for Rapport Afghanistan, a charity providing basic necessities to the impoverished citizens of Afghanistan. Ken is also a participant in the Feed My Starving Children charity and co-founded Solid Beginnings, a charitable organization that redistributed used and new infant and toddler items to less privileged families in the Chicago area.
Please read this Letter of Recommendation for Ken Saddler at B2B CFO from Duncan Lee, CE0/Owner, Engineered Products Co