Tim has 29 years experience as a CFO, General Manager, Financial Manager and CPA. Key functional areas of expertise include consulting in general accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, information systems and new business planning. His professional development was grounded on the foundation of an international consulting firm and Fortune 100 multi-national energy company. Over the years, Tim worked closely with privately held and family owned businesses. He served as an objective advisor to the leading executives, family owners, board members as well as entrepreneurs... SEE MORE
Recently Tim served more than 14 years with a leading regional retailer in consumer products and design services. He held roles of increasing responsibility leading to Treasurer/CFO and finally VP/GM. He managed all day to day operations, full P&L responsibility and strategic direction for the company resulting in a 210% increase in total shareholder value. Major initiatives included an integrated information systems conversion, the implementation of inventory control methods leading to enhanced cash flow and higher margin return on investment and financial restructuring of debt and equity. In addition, he lead the design, planning and implementation of major capital projects and achieved increased labor productivity and unit cost reductions. Finally, he directed the sensitive negotiating of buy-sell agreements and coordinated the post transaction implementation.
Tim began his career with Deloitte where he provided audit, financial reporting, tax, internal control review and employee benefit plan audit services. His clients included publicly held and privately owned mid market businesses spanning consumer retail, distribution, durable goods manufacturing, service and commercial real estate. Tim served as an Audit Manager where he was responsible for client service fulfillment, staff training and engagement management.
Following his time in public accounting, Tim served more than ten years as a manager and advisor to Senior Executive Management at BP America (British Petroleum's North American operation.) Tim's experience included financial reporting, control and information systems roles in the Chemicals operating subsidiary as well as advisor to corporate headquarters for financial reporting. During his time at BP, Tim was involved with accounting for acquisitions and divestitures, adoption of critical U.S. GAAP pronouncements, International Reporting Standards (IFRS) and SEC compliance projects. In addition, he was responsible for developing significant accounting and control systems to identify foreign currency exposure and commodity price risk management. In addition, he helped lead accounting and financial reporting system conversions, participated in capital market transactions, monitored energy project joint ventures and reviewed compliance for structured finance transactions.
Tim Sisler is committed to the profitable growth of emerging to middle market companies. He does this primarily by supporting those entrepreneurs, owners and executives who lead their organizations in pursuit of their vision as they seek to serve their customers, employ their staffs and provide for their families.
Areas of expertise include:
- Cash management and requirements planning.
- Developing and managing financial and operational infrastructure in support of entrepreneurs and business owner/executives.
- Designing customized performance measurement systems that integrate financial reporting information with non-financial operational data.
- Gross margin analysis, assessment and improvement strategy by product, category, market and customer.
- Identifying, educating, coaching and directing finance, accounting and administrative staff.
- Facilitating executive team initiatives around sales management, customer relationships, operations, procurement, HR and IT.
- Cultivating investment and lending relationships with bankers, private equity firms, angel investors and venture capital funds.
- Trusted advisor to owners and leaders in family owned business and keenly aware of the nuances and personal dynamics within privately owned or family controlled businesses.
Organizations and Affiliations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Fairlawn Area Chamber of Commerce
- City of Fairlawn Planning Commission
- South Summit Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Medina Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Entrepreneurs Club of America
- Ohio Small Business Development Council
- St. Hilary Parish, Fairlawn, Ohio
- Heart to Heart Communications
- Board of Trustees, Rosemont Ridge Homeowners Association
Tim holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from The University of Akron where he was a member of Beta Alpha Psi accounting honorary society and the varsity track team. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). In addition, Tim completed senior management development coursework at The University of Michigan and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
In his spare time, Tim enjoys reading (history, biography and philosophy), golf, an occasional pickup game of basketball and traveling with his wife, Elaine, and their family.