Alec is a seasoned financial professional with over 30 years of experience specializing in helping privately owned small businesses achieve success. He has served as CFO or Controller for organizations ranging in size from start-up to $50 million of annual sales. A significant portion of Alec's career has centered on servicing businesses specializing in the construction and real estate development industries. His job experience includes working as a CFO or Controller for various Homebuilders, an Excavation and Utility Site Contractor, and an Industrial Specialty Contractor. Alec also worked 8 years in public accounting. In addition to serving construction and real estate clients, he also gained experience in a wide range of industries including a mission-based not-for-profit organization, restaurants, professional services firms, and retail stores... SEE MORE
In the above mentioned positions, Alec has effectively managed all aspects of the finance, accounting and administration functions, including:
- Cash Management
- Credit and Collections
- Financial Reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Risk Management
- Payroll and Human Resources
- Information Technology, including accounting software conversions
- The primary contact person with outside 3rd parties such as banks, tax authorities, insurance agents, accounting firms, law firms, surety, etc.
Alec understands that business owners want to focus the majority of their time and efforts on growing their businesses. By overseeing his client's financial and administrative operations, he allows his clients to do just that. Alec takes pride in bringing value added services to the table. He focuses on improving a company's cash flow and profitability. Alec provides business owners with the timely and accurate financial information to assist them in making wise business decisions. Alec has been very successful in raising needed capital primarily through bank financing, such as working capital lines of credit and long-term equipment financing. As a trusted advisor, he offers a fresh objective perspective, providing business owners with invaluable insights and guidance.
Alec possesses significant experience managing turnarounds of financially distressed businesses. He has helped those businesses:
- Monitor and improve cash flow which includes preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Raise needed capital through obtaining new credit facilities
- Renegotiate loan terms or extended maturities on existing credit facilities
- Solve delinquent tax issues by negotiating favorable payment plans or Offer in Compromise Agreements
- Strengthen bank relationships through good communication and providing them timely financial information such as monthly or quarterly financial statements and rolling cash flow forecasts
- Negotiate favorable debt reductions and payment plans with vendors
- Clean up the business' credit scores with credit bureaus like Dunn & Bradstreet in order to reestablish credit with vendors
- Identify and eliminate certain procedures that bring little to no value to the organization, so that company personnel can focus their efforts on the truly important tasks that result in profits
Alec earned his Bachelors of Science degree in Accounting from Lebanon Valley College located in Annville, PA. He is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in the State of Pennsylvania, and is a member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Alec resides in Souderton, Pennsylvania with his wife Allison and his two daughters Abigail and Anja. He loves spending time with his family and especially enjoys coaching his daughters' softball teams. Alec is also active in his church, serving as a small group discussion leader and as an elected member of the Board of Directors.