Don is a seasoned finance professional with over 30 years experience in a combination of both public and private companies... SEE MORE
Don brings a strategic perspective to the CFO role and partners with senior leadership, accounting leadership and service providers to ensure appropriate, accurate and timely information is available to leadership to ensure a high level of quality in the decisions being made.
Don's experience includes larger publicly traded companies as well as smaller, closely held companies and includes companies in the international arena as well as domestic companies in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, construction and the service sector. As a senior executive, the overriding theme in Dons career has been to establish scalable, professional environments where the owners are receiving all the information they need to successfully grow their business and create value. This includes early stage companies, distressed/underperforming companies as well as laying the foundation to strategically grow companies either organically or through acquisition. In all cases, the overriding theme throughout Don's career has been to create environments that have led to the creation of value for the owners.
Some highlights of Dons career include:
- Established budgeting processes in multiple environments from creation to 1-5 year financial budgets with associated operating plans with full suite of financials and related KPIs to measure actual operations against.
- Professionalized the accounting function by standardizing reporting structure and process and upgrading talent.
- Established banking/insurance relationships resulting in growth related credit facilities, working capital LOCs, performance bonds and reduced commercial insurance costs.
- Led multiple transaction processes including financial, legal and overall business process to ensure success.
- Designed and implemented operating metrics reports. Revealed and reversed adverse trends and improved productivity which led to a 16% reduction in workforce and a corresponding improvement in gross margin.
- Established baseline costing model to ensure sales force is selling the right products to the right markets at the right price to yield the highest margin. Improved margins on new business by over 20%.
- Led enterprise wide process improvement programs to reduce cash conversion cycle by 20%
- Professionalized Risk Management function and reduced accidents (auto and workers comp) by 44% reduced commercial insurance premiums by 31%.
- Professionalized IT function resulting in improved focus on objectives aligned with the strategic direction of the company. Reduced consulting expense and upgraded internal talent.
- Improved the quality of the fleet and reduced fleet costs by 27% by establishing a formal fleet maintenance/replacement program.