Ralph is a talented and influential senior finance and operations executive. He has more than 30 years of diverse experience in finance, planning and operational analysis. His strengths include the ability to direct and motivate teams, effective communication, the competence to build agreements, and the mind-set to enable collaboration and successfully partner with business unit owners. Ralph's varied industry experience includes healthcare, technology, manufacturing and distribution. His core competencies include:.. SEE MORE
- Financial Modeling and Analysis
- Accounts Receivable Management
- Rapid Growth and Start-up Operations
- Cost Reductions
- Key Metric Development
- Systems Design and Implementation
- Resource Planning Strategies
- Management Incentive Design
Ralph now leverages his knowledge and experience at B2B CFO. He can help you sort through your day-to-day issues, identify critically important areas, and jointly establish key metrics and trends to ensure that your business is operating efficiently and utilizing cash effectively, allowing you to focus on developing your business.
Cash. We Help You Get It.®
Ralph can leverage his experience managing the cash cycle in healthcare, construction, wholesale and service industries to help you improve your cash cycle. He will be a true partner in developing accurate and meaningful financial statements that can be effectively reviewed and discussed with lending institutions appropriate to fund your business growth.
Ralph works with you to meet your requirements. He is a skilled communicator who articulates complex concepts in a clear, benefits-focused manner. As a creative problem solver, he quickly analyzes complex situations and provides comprehensive and actionable solutions. He has a proven record of improving results, reducing costs and stabilizing operations.
He previously served as CFO for a small publicly traded company and knows and understands the pressures associated with a small business. He leveraged his expertise to expedite billing and collection efforts for that $15M firm. Other responsibilities with the business included:
- Managing payroll, job costing, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Directing the preparation of initial SEC reporting for the publicly traded company
- Securing capital required to sustain business operations while securing additional funds to support business development
Additionally, Ralph has experience as a business owner as he previously purchased, developed and sold a franchise business. As a previous business owner he knows and appreciates the belief and courage it takes to risk personal assets in order to grow and develop a business. He had the opportunity to go through a rigorous due diligence process as his business was acquired by a very experienced and sophisticated buyer. The following are some of his specific ownership responsibilities:
- Negotiated purchase of franchise and geographic territories in the greater Phoenix market
- Managed cash flow and funding of capital
- Developed pay rates, billing rates and collection policy
- Performed due diligence and negotiated a successful cash sale of the business
In addition to his small business experience, Ralph has a wealth of experience and knowledge gained from years of experience with several fortune 100 companies. His large corporate experience includes:
- Express Scripts, a pharmacy benefit company
- PacifiCare/United Healthcare, a health insurance company
- Caremark International, an IV and homecare services company
- Baxter International, a hospital and medical supply manufacturer
- MicroAge, a technology service and distribution company
He has held positions in financial planning and analysis, integration of acquired business units, start-ups and pilots of new business. In these roles he had the opportunity to hire and develop staff, implement process and procedure controls, and improve quality while gaining efficiency and eliminating cost.
Ralph and his family relocated from the northern suburbs of Chicago to greater Phoenix in 1994. His wife Joan enjoys a very rewarding role with Hospice of the Valley. They have four children pursuing career aspirations in teaching in Tulsa, Okla., real estate in Laguna Beach, Calif., corporate finance and nursing in the Phoenix area. Ralph and Joan enjoy skiing, golf and visiting with their three grandchildren in California. Ralph is a former licensed real estate agent, president of Commercial Office Condo Association and a member of the Life Teen International Board.