John is an experienced strategic and transformational leader who drives value, initiates process improvements, and increases profitability for small and medium size businesses... SEE MORE
His extensive background in corporate, divisional, and line level positions culminated with 15+ years spent in various CFO roles. His roles in both large and small company environments allow for significant potential to materialize cross functional company goals. As John draws from an extensive toolkit including Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Business Agility Certifications, "Jack of all" business understanding, and effective communication skills he can successfully drive organizational improvement.
John's extensive manufacturing experience includes computer assembly, tier one auto supplier, compressor/HVAC, and hydraulic pump assembly in small and billion-dollar operating units. His executive level experience includes telecom, distribution, and retail environments including considerable time operating within in a private equity (PE) environment.
John's career reflects a multitude of accomplishments including significant achievements during his CFO tenure, which include:
- Debt and equity financing: Amidst an extremely tight credit market, garnished multiple credit arrangements in both traditional asset base lending and new market floorplan arrangements. Final line implemented included a 25% increased lending capacity and improved operating processes/savings.
- Growth: Successfully doubled two different companies' revenues in a five-year period from both organic and M&A activities (both buy and sell side experience).
- Process improvement/Increased profitability: An extensive history of process analysis yielding profit improvement throughout the organization in both small and large company environments
- Cross functional project management: An extensive array of successful projects managed including working capital optimization, team/kaizen initiatives, and ERP/accounting system implementations
- Strategic Data Analysis Expansion and Utilization: Enhanced and expanded organizational KPIs stemming from improved operational reporting and cross functional project collaboration.
- Exits: Upon doubling revenues within five years, successfully coordinated the sale process of two companies at outstanding values stemming from EBITDA multipliers significantly above respective market norms.
John holds an MBA from Penn State University and a Bachelor of Arts from Muhlenberg College. He earned certifications including Certified Management Accountant, Certified Financial Manager, and Series 6/63 licensure. Outside of work John enjoys playing and watching sports and is a music enthusiast who had a three-year experience as lead singer for a classic rock cover band.